An array of coconut chicken
photo and recipe credit:http://www.yummly.com/recipe/external/Coconut-Chicken-Fingers-MyRecipes-265286
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened flaked coconut
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Sweet chile sauce (optional)
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in a shallow dish. Combine buttermilk and egg in a shallow dish, stirring well. Place coconut in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour; shake off excess. Dip chicken in egg mixture; dredge in coconut.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes or until done, turning to brown. Serve with chile sauce, if desired.
2 pounds fresh or thawed organic chicken wings or drumsticks (or desired amount)
1/2 cup coconut flour
1.5 tbsp yellow curry powder OR 1/3 tsp Chili powder and the zest and juice of one lime
1.5 tsp Himalayan sea salt (or to taste)
3 eggs (free-range)
1.5 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and drain chicken wings.
2. In a small bowl combine coconut flour, curry powder, and salt. Mix together with a small whisk or fork.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk eggs together. Fill a third, separate, bowl with the shredded coconut.
4. “Bread” one chicken wing at a time by following this sequence:
- Lightly roll the wing in the coconut flour mixture.
- Dip the wing in the bowl of egg.
- Neatly roll the wing in the shredded coconut.